We are Open & Offering Appointments! | Norwalk Vision Center
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- Your temperature will be taken before entering the office.
- All patients will answer a COVID-19 questionnaire before being seen.
- No paperwork – appointments now require pre-registration on our website.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor or require assistance, in which case one caregiver will be permitted.
- Patients should call from their car upon arrival, and may be asked to wait a moment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time.
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask. If a patient does not have a mask, we will provide one.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, present with a fever or cough, or fail our COVID-19 screening questionnaire. If this is the case, you will have the option to reschedule, and/or be seen immediately via telemedicine from your car using your smartphone.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 or test positive for the virus in the days immediately before or after your exam, please call us and let us know.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk.
- All of our doctors and staff will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This includes wearing masks at all times, and using gloves as needed. When social distancing cannot be maintained, doctors and staff will utilize breath shields on office equipment or wear a face shield.
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area – at least 6 feet apart.
- Every chair will be disinfected between each use.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- When shopping for frames, we require you to first wash your hands with soap and water.
- Frames you touch will be collected on a tray, and will be disinfected in our UV sterilizer before being returned to the wall.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum.
- Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.
We look forward to seeing you in our office! Please call us to schedule your next appointment.