Are you looking for relief from dry eye syndrome? We have some good news.
At Norwalk Vision Dry Eye Center, we’re passionate about providing patients with long-lasting relief from uncomfortable dry eye symptoms like gritty, watery and irritated eyes. OptiLight is an in-office dry eye treatment that offers safe, effective and enduring results.
What is OptiLight?
OptiLight by Lumenis is an intense pulsed light (IPL) treatment that treats the most common underlying causes of dry eye syndrome.
A complete treatment cycle consists of 4 OptiLight sessions, spaced 2-4 weeks apart. Each session takes only a few minutes to complete and is non-invasive, so you’ll be able to return to your routine straight away.
OptiLight improves DES in the following ways:
- Reduces inflammation that contributes to dry eyes
- Improves tear breakup time for a longer-lasting and stable tear film
- Significantly decreases the amount of Demodex mites and bacteria that cause blepharitis (eyelid inflammation)
- Reduces abnormal blood vessels around the eye area
- Boosts meibomian gland functioning so the glands can properly lubricate the eye’s surface
How Many Treatments Does it Take to See an Improvement?
Most patients report an improvement in their dry eye syndrome after 2 or 3 OptiLight treatments. Each patient may respond differently, depending on their ocular condition.
To determine whether OptiLight will be effective for your case of dry eyes, schedule a consultation with your Norwalk Vision Dry Eye Center optometrist.
OptiLight and Other Dry Eye Treatments in Norwalk
At Norwalk Vision Dry Eye Center, we provide a wide range of dry eye treatments and can help you decide which option is best for you.
To learn more about OptiLight and schedule your dry eye consultation, call Norwalk Vision Dry Eye Center in Norwalk today!